Monday, October 27, 2008

Snuggling

Every now and again Andrew will be lying on the middle of our bed as we're getting ready for the day, ready for bed, etc. I'm often overcome with an almost uncontrollable urge to lie down myself and snuggle and hug the little guy endlessly. So far he has yet to hug me back or give me a kiss. Heck I haven't even gotten a smile out of it. In fairness, I guess he kicks randomly and produces spit bubbles. I'm told it has something to do with him only being 8 weeks old and not capable yet... But I do wish we would return the love with something other than filling his diaper.

It makes me wonder, though, if it might be similar with my heavenly father sometimes. Are there times that God comes and attempts to snuggle with me and I respond by staring aimlessly and kicking randomly. I do know I'm good at spit bubbles too if called upon. Am I largely oblivious to the love my heavenly father has to share with me? Am I simply incapable of returning that love because of my lack of spiritual maturity?


No comments: