Wednesday, October 01, 2008

3.39

Earlier this week the price of gas here in town dropped to $3.39. My instinct was to fill up my car immediately. There was a part of me that started thinking that I needed to find a way to stock up on gas because who knew how long this wonderfully low price was going to last. What have the oil companies done to me?

Honestly, I don't understand how these gas prices work. Various experts have used some very sound logical reasoning to explain things in the past, but I'm still confused. They have explained that these various financial struggles effect the price of gas. At least that's what they've told me as prices kept going up and up and up. Now we appear to be on the verge of financial armegeddon unless we get this bailout passed. The price per barrel of oil is still quite high. The state added a $.03 per gallon tax today. Yet, despite these factors (which made gas double over about a year) the price of gas has gone down. That same gas station had gas today for $3.29. Honestly, what's a guy to do?

No comments: