Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Love/Hate Relationship

I've discovered (maybe not all so recently) that I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with television.

I find that sometimes I have a tendency to think too much (I know, I know, for those of you who actually know me it probably doesn't appear that way, but honestly my brain is thinking all the time), so I like turning on things like "Wipeout" and laugh away as people bounce off the big balls. It's good for the brain, it's good for the soul.

I, unfortunately, find that sometimes I find myself putting my life on hold because I've gotten so sucked in to a particular show that I feel I need to watch it. Consequently my evening gets scheduled around it and I don't get things done that I probably should. I find myself lacking in ambition because of my desire to watch certain shows.

Like I suggest before I think TV can be a good release. However, like everything in life moderation is the need. In many ways I still have dreams of changing the world, but there's little chance of that happening if I have to be on my couch in front of the TV for "Survivor", "24", or "Prison Break"... just to name a few.

No comments: