Friday, August 22, 2008

A "Dated" Friday Five

It's Friday afternoon, Eastern Time, and this is your faithful Songbird with a calendar-related Friday Five. Due to some confusion with our dates, I'm stepping in today, although I am usually here only on the 5th Friday, when there is such a thing.

Here are five things to ponder about dates. I hope you'll play!

1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance? I mostly use google calendar, looking mostly one week at a time. However, I prefer to keep track of things in my head. I find that I am less stressed then because I tend to only think about one thing at a time. When it's on paper and I see the six things I need to do that day it feels a lot more stressful for me. Thankfully my memory still works pretty well.

2) When was the last time you forgot an important date? Honestly? I can't remember. Ask my wife and she'll probably give you a nice long list. Although, it appears that "baby" is going to miss today's due date. Hopefully this won't become a life trend.

3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date? Last Friday we went out to see "Mama Mia". Truth be told, though, this is one of the areas I definitely need to work on.

4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated. Being the cheapskate that I am I tend to only buy off the clearance rack so one could argue my whole wardrobe is dated. However, I do have a "Hawaiian" shirt from the first marathon that I ran back in '98 that is a bit dated. I also have some running tights from the early '90's that I just can't get myself to part with...and hopefully my wife won't find them either.

5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em? I can't say that I've ever had them... nor do I really want to try them. Perhaps I might like them after all. I may never know.

3 comments:

revkjarla said...

You can keep your calendar in your head?? That is amazing!

Auntie Knickers said...

Best wishes for baby not being too too late!

Unknown said...

At least you *know* you need to work on it! Hope the baby gets here soon.