Monday, August 11, 2008

Laugh a Little

My friend Kelly over at Reclaiming the F Word, had a great post last week about the political campaign. You might want to check it out here. Her suggestion was a big part of the problem with the election is the opposite sides being too serious. The problem with hot button issues like Homosexuality in the church is that the two sides are so darn serious that the grass looks a whole lot safer in the middle not taking a side. Some of this over seriousness has a way of scaring people away. Here is her big prediction:

"The winner on every issue that divides us will be the bunch who loves easily and laughs quickly and doesn't take themselves too seriously.
Kind of like I imagine Jesus was. "

I think I would like to second that. I think she's dead on. I think we need to laugh a little more.

No comments: