Friday, January 30, 2009

HGTV Five

As some know we recently got DishNetwork TV. My wife claimed fears of the station never leaving ESPN. As it turns out it seems the remote can't make it beyond HGTV. Who's really in control here? Anyway, that being said I find today's Friday Five fitting... that and we just moved into the parsonage, so we're limited in the changes that are reasonable to make so it makes it a little more interesting (at least for me) to dream about possibilities since most can't even be tried (consequently they all remain good ideas in my brain).

And so, my questions to you this fine Friday involve your home past, present or future...

1) If you could, what room in the place you are currently living would you redo first?
I would probably start with combining two of the bedrooms upstairs (all 4 are upstairs) and making it one large master suite. I think it would be fun to have a large bedroom with our own fancy bathroom and walk-in closet.

2) What is the most hideous feature/color/decor item you have ever seen in a home?
I think there are few folks who would argue for the vase that we got from a White Elephant gift exchange at our church staff Christmas party a few years ago... although, I do kind of like it.


3) What feature do you most covet? Do you have it? If not, is it within reach?
Personally, I would love to have a large, flatscreen HDTV. I think we're a ways away from that. We're even further away from my childhood dream of an indoor swimming pool. I think that would be totally AWESOME, but not all so realistic.

4) Your kitchen - love it or hate it? Why?
I don't know that it's a love or a hate, but perhaps sliding towards the hate end. It definitely is larger than our last kitchen, at least cupboard wise. We also love that we finally have dishwasher that isn't human. At the same time, I would like to update the cupboards, you know spruce them up a bit. I also would prefer a gas range top instead of the electric coils. Although, I do love the magic my wife can work in there, I am so fortunate to be married to an excellent cook.

5) Here is $10,000 and you HAVE to spend it on the place you are living now. What do you do?
Ooh, that's a tough one. I might be tempted to go with the master bedroom project above. I also would be tempted to look at upgrading some of the things like the furnace to make the place more energy efficient.

BONUS: Why do you think there was such a surplus of ugly bathroom tile colors showcased in all homes built from the 1950's right through the early 80's? Were they really that bad? Maybe I need to work on my sense of color.

1 comment:

Teri said...

large master bedrooms are awesome. Mine's not quite two-bedroom sized but it is large. If only the bathroom were cool!