Wednesday, May 30, 2007

...God Created

Dawn and I have spent the last few days driving through some amazing country. We went through the Badlands & Black Hills on our way to Yellowstone National Park. We dropped down through Grand Tetons National Park on our way to Salt Lake City. After attending the mountains in a beautiful canyon outside of Salt Lake City we ventured over to Moab. After floating down the Colorado river we have made our way to Vail, Co. On this last leg we drove a stretch of highway out of Moab rated one of the top ten best drives by National Geographic. We also drove through Glenwood Canyon, which is possibly the most amazing stretch of interstate highway in this country. It's been spectacular. (Perhaps when we get home I can add some pictures)

It's incredible to see some of these mountains and canyons. I often hear talk in these kinds of places of how glaciers carved them out, etc. I'm starting to become a bit of a sceptic on this theory. Oh, I believe that glaciers may have played a part in the how they look today, but I don't believe they're solely responsible. It's far too beautiful. It's far too intricate. I think this drive has proven to me that God is clearly the one who created. Who knows, God may have even used glaciers to fine tune some of the beauty. And I thought an artist using oils on a canvas was impressive.

No comments: