Friday, September 05, 2008

Humbling

Some perhaps have heard the news already, It's a BOY!!!! Andrew Bradley was born at 7:22 p.m. on Tuesday, September 2. He weighed in at 8 lbs. even and 21.5 inches long. Below are a couple of pictures. However, I also wanted to share a quick story related to a post I made a few days ago... humility.

First of all, just having a child is humbling in itself. While we were at the hospital, though, I started feeling kind of proud of myself for how my parenting instincts were starting to kick in. I was doing really pretty well. We came home around lunch time on Thursday and my parents came down to help around the house. After dinner, feeling pretty good about things, I pushed us to go to Culver's for a little frozen custard treat (it was Really Reeses after all). Andrew was doing great. Not three minutes after sitting down he started crying and screaming like a mad man, or a two day old. He was giving the clear signals that he had taken care of some serious business down in his diaper. We looked at each other and realized we were not smart enough to remember to bring the diaper bag. Doh! A humbling experience indeed... thankfully we're not so tired we can't laugh at it.

So, here it goes, a couple of pictures from the hospital.








No comments: