Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tired

Tired. I'm just really tired today. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but something about it struck me during devotions today. I was reading again from ODB and the author was talking about function verses beauty. She talked about how engineer types are great at making things work, and work efficiently, but how it looks is not all so important. She went from there to talk about the need for "arts" in worship and how that adds a certain beauty.

We do certainly need both in this world. We need both in worship. Personally, I think I need a balance (although perhaps weighted a little more towards the creative, artsy side of things). I'm wondering if part of my tiredness isn't from spending so much time recently on the details of making things function that I've not gotten to tap the inner creative side of things. Maybe. It's a theory at least.

So I wonder, has God called you to, gifted you for, function or form? How are you using your gifts today to that end?

No comments: