Tuesday, March 21, 2006

All Of You

In case you haven't been "tuning in" every day, I thought I would point out that I have changed from reading through a book of the Bible and now during Lent I am reading Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life" for my devotional time. Listed here are some of my reflections on the chapters as I go....

Today's chapter starts with "God wants all of you." God doesn't want just part of you. God wants to engage with heart, mind, soul, body, spirit, with every part of you. God wants all of you, all of the time. So what does that mean? What does that look like in your life? Where do you hold back?

Warren also writes, "Your biggest distraction in worship is yourself -- your interests and your worries over what others think about you." I would add to that your critique of what worship should be, what you expect from worship is part of your personal distraction from worship. What distracts you from worship? What gets in your way? How do you over come those hurdles? What helps you to focus on God?

Finally, I will leave you with this quote from the end of the chapter: "The heart of the matter is a matter of the heart."

No comments: