Thursday, February 02, 2006

Romans 10:12-21

This good news of Jesus Christ is for everyone. How wonderful is that? How do they hear it? Through you and me. We are called today to be proclaimers of the good news of Jesus Christ. I love how Paul points out the feet are golden for those us who proclaim. I think that's very cool. I think this is fitting of our reading from 1 Corinthians this coming Sunday where Paul seems to be encouraging us to do whatever it takes to share that good news. What an honor and a privilege it is to be called to bare this message.

Here's the problem though. I think it's terribly scary. Oh, it's fine in the pulpit. It's not all so scary to talk about Jesus during worship. It's not all so scary to share Jesus in a Sunday school classroom or during a church event. It's expected that we might do such a thing there. The problem is it gets scary to proclaim at the grocery store, at school, with friends at a party. That, I believe, is the real challenge. I pray today that we might be given the boldness and the courage to share this wonderful news wherever we may go, just as Paul would seem to be encouraging us.

No comments: