Monday, April 07, 2008

A Presidential Pondering

I keep hearing all of these different reports about how the democratic party needs to get down to just one candidate... and the sooner the better. Various leaders in the party have been encouraging super delegates (wouldn't it be cool if you were a super delegate because you had a super power?) to cast their votes in a block by various arbitrary dates. I keep hearing that the more the process is prolonged the more it hurts the party. Being the simple minded person I am I wonder, Why?

What I've observed is that as long as the race is close between Barrack and Hillary the press tends to cover them non-stop. I don't tend to see a whole lot of coverage of McCain. In a "what have you done for me lately" society we see what Barrack and Hillary are doing, but we don't really see Mr. McCain doing much. As long as the media is covering them intensely, it seems to me that the two democratic candidates have ample opportunity to lay out who they are, what they stand for, and how they want to make changes. I would think that would be a good thing.

I guess we'll find out in November what sort of effect these prolonged campaigns will have... then what will we talk about?

No comments: