Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Romans 8:31-39

What great promise and hope!! This is one of my favorite passages. One of my favorite sermons. I can just imagine Paul getting all fired up like some fancy preacher we see on TV as we flip through the channels. It's incredible. I do so much in my life, often unintentionally, that ends up being attempts to place barriers between myself and God. I'm often my own worst enemy when it comes to trying to tell other people about God. I am often my own worst enemy when it comes to my own faith life. Yet Paul proclaims to us today that it doesn't matter. No matter what we do to try and get in the way, whether it be build walls or dig ditches, nothing is ever going to stop God from clinging to us with His love, with His grace. Now that is by far the best gift I can receive this Christmas!!

... Perhaps some of you parents know what Paul is talking about. No matter what your kids do to drive you nuts, to hurt you, and so on and so forth, you still can't help but love them. Hard to imagine anyone could love that much, but we do and God does so much more.

No comments: