Tuesday, February 05, 2008

What Are You Going To Do?

It's here, Super Duper Fat Mardigras Tuesday. What's your plan? Are you going to get involved and join in your caucus or primary? What's going to lead your decision? What role will your faith play in the vote you cast? I know people want to say that we shouldn't mix religion and politics and from a governance standpoint I suppose they are right. I don't want some politicians telling me how to run the church, we've messed it up just fine on our own. Yet on a practical, realistic level how can you not mix the two? When faith grabs hold of your life it becomes a part of all that you do. Politics also influences all corners of our lives. How do you keep the two separated? Why should we separate the two?

Here is my hope. I hope that your faith leads as you go and support your favorite candidate. Then I hope that it is your faith that continues to lead you through these 40 days of lent that we have ahead of us yet.

No comments: