Thursday, January 03, 2008

Resolutions

Today's devotion from Our Daily Bread was pretty good today, I thought. If you didn't read it check it out here. The author talked about making New Year's resolutions. How often do we break them? Yet their commitments, often, to make changes that will be improvements in our life. So why not keep making them throughout the year?

It reminded me of Luther's call to daily repentance, daily returning to our baptism and drowning to sin. Funny (not funny ha-ha, but more of a funny sad) how sin keeps creeping into our lives. We repent and before we know it, there it is again. I guess Paul knew what he was talking about when he said that he kept doing the things he didn't want to do, but the things he wanted to do he found himself not doing. I don't know about you, but that has a bit of a familiar ring to me.

No comments: