Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Words

Words can do strange and amazing things to us. There are some words that we only need to hear once for there is such power in them we know exactly where our place is in them. Words like:
"The (Twins) lost."
"Can I see your drivers license?"
"The cancer is terminal"
"We made it (to our destination) safely"

Then there are those words that we like to hear over and over again. Sometimes, despite how often we hear them, we can't hear them enough. Words like:
"Yahtzee!"
"Free food"
"Honey, I'm home!"
"I love you"

I think God's word falls into that second category for me. Oh, it's true that I have tendency to neglect God's word, but when I hear it I can't believe how much it refreshes, challenges, and renews me. God's words work in me in incredible ways. How are God's Words working in you today?

No comments: