Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Stress

Stress... it's an interesting thing, but I'll come back to that.

You may have noticed I haven't posted in a while. Part of that was due to my being gone on vacation for a while. It was good to get away, even if it wasn't far, and to not think about "job" stuff for a little while and let the head clear. Part of it, though has been related to feeling the stress of all that will hopefully be accomplished over the coming summer. This stress is an interesting thing, though. It seems to me the unspoken rule is that if you have problems you just need to pull yourself up by the boot straps, just dig in a little more and work harder. Stress is kind of like a weed or a virus in that way. At least that's the way it works for me. You see when I dig in more and work harder it tends to make me more stressed because then I don't have the time or the energy for those other things that help me relieve stress like running, watching movies, or sharing a home cooked meal. So what is one to do? If stuff doesn't get done it sits out there in front of you taunting you keeping the stress fresh. I guess all you can do is to slowly chip away at it... for now.

No comments: