Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What On Earth?

"What on earth are you doing?" Were you ever asked that as a kid? Do you ever ask that of your kids? Does it sound at all familiar? I sounds familiar to me, no matter how I say it I can't help but heart it accusingly. I hear it and I feel guilty. Odds are I'm doing something wrong. I suppose that's why it struck me when I read this in a devotion last week, and then the author twisted it slightly and wondered, what if God were asking that question?

As followers of Christ we are examples of Christ to those whom we encounter. What kind of example are you? How is your life pointing towards Christ?

I know that I am not perfect, but I am forgiven. So I think that is how we can live as examples of Christ in our lives. We don't have to be perfect, but we can live forgiven lives. Be real. Be authentic. Be forgiven.

No comments: